Pollution Prevention P2
The Pollution Prevention Act of 1990 made pollution prevention (P2) a national environmental policy of the United States. NEECO promotes P2 to our clients by reducing or eliminating pollutants through increased efficiency in raw material, energy, water and land use.
- Equipment washwater is filtered and treated then reused.
- Domestic wastewater is treated and used for underground irrigation of landscaping.
- Washwater is treated and reused in seafood processing.
- Aggregates are recycled from unused concrete.
- Stormwater is collected and used for raw material wetting.
- Waste oil is used as fuel for heating.
We also develop Best Management Practices Plans (BMP), Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures Plans (SPCC) and Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPP) in accordance with local, state, and federal requirements for our clients.